“When I ran for Lt. Governor, I put forth a plan to help Oklahoma grow and thrive, while also protecting our rights and our values. The Pinnell Plan was built upon five pillars of excellence that will deliver real, lasting conservative solutions for Oklahoma’s communities, businesses, and economy. Oklahoma has taken many steps forward, and I’m ready to continue working with Governor Stitt to lead our state towards a prosperous future.” – MATT PINNELL
Improving Education, Empowering Students
The radical left is forcing their beliefs on our children, and Matt is determined to put an end to their agenda. As Lt. Governor, he has championed efforts to ensure school funding follows the students and legislation that bans the teaching of Critical Race Theory in our classrooms.
- Ensuring we properly pay our teachers and inspire more to stay in Oklahoma, by bringing teacher pay to at least regional average.
- Increasing student investment dollars (money in the classroom) to ensure school funding follows the students and empowering parents with more control over their students’ path forward.
- Continuing efforts to establish STEM programs in Kindergarten across the state and partnering with CareerTech and local businesses to provide more hands-on instruction and apprentice opportunities for middle and HS students.
- Protecting our students from the partisan and politicized curriculums pushed by the far-left.
Stronger Local and Small Businesses
Local employers and small businesses are the engine of our economy and entrepreneurship is the future. As Lt. Governor, Matt has been a tireless advocate for small business growth across the state, including better skills training for the incoming workforce and programs that will “accelerate” local businesses with capital investment; as well as, cutting taxes and bureaucratic red tape.
- Working closely with Governor Stitt to bring a balanced budget for FY 2022 that prioritizes education, provides tax relief for families and small businesses, and saves approximately $800 million.
- Using the Lt. Governor statewide platform to work on shrinking our skills gap through championing CareerTech. There are jobs open today that could be filled today, but we don’t have the properly trained workforce to meet those job requirements.
- Working on partnerships to increase the amount of small business “accelerators” that help generate capital and investors for entrepreneurs with ideas to help them “accelerate” their businesses.
Expanding Business Recruitment and Tourism
Thanks to the leadership of Governor Stitt and Lt. Governor Pinnell, we are no longer content to stand by and accept the role of a Midwestern flyover state with little to offer industry leaders of the 21st century. Starting in 2019, our state has seen greater investment and focus on bringing new businesses and visitors to Oklahoma, but we must continue this expanded investment and focus on bringing new businesses and visitors to Oklahoma.
- Expanding business recruitment programs in other states.
- Diversifying our economy by placing an emphasis on recruiting businesses to Oklahoma that can add value to our commodities produced right here in Oklahoma.
- Becoming Top Ten in infrastructure and government efficiency, a goal which will include making sure our county officials have the resources they need to complete rural infrastructure projects.
- Partnering with local tourism leaders on events and opportunities to further grow the tourism industry locally.
- Championing Oklahoma’s Main Street program, which combines historic preservation and downtown revitalization that restores the core assets of Oklahoma towns.
Increasing Government Accountability
Matt is aware of ongoing concerns Oklahomans have in the area of government accountability, and like Governor Stitt he is committed to increased transparency and openness in state government.
- Ensuring routine audits are performed on every government agency in a timely manner.
- Mandating agencies return to line-item budgeting or zero-based budgeting practices.
- Continuing to reduce and streamline state agencies, boards, and commissions.
Protecting Our Families, Defending Our Values
We’ve seen what happens to other states when the people relinquish too much power to big government bureaucrats. We’ve seen what happens when our values are compromised in the name of liberalism. This will NOT happen in Oklahoma. Matt’s top priority has always been protecting our families and Oklahoma’s values.
- Standing firm in support of Oklahoma’s law enforcement and opposing the Democrats and their far-left allies’ efforts to defund our police.
- As a Christian, husband and father, Matt knows there is no gift more precious than a child. He is strongly pro-life, has a 100% pro-life rating from Oklahoma for Life, and will always protect the rights of the unborn in Oklahoma and across the nation.
- Matt is a sportsman, gun owner and NRA member who we can count on to protect Oklahomans’ Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. He is also A-rated by the NRA.
- Always driven by his faith, Matt proudly supported the Religious Freedom Act, which protects churches as essential in the state of Oklahoma.
- Matt will never shy away from defending Oklahoma from DC, including calling out the Biden Administration for its continued federal overreach and unconstitutional power grabs, like Biden’s vaccine mandate.